What key should my harmonica be in?
A standard 10-hole diatonic harmonica in the key of “C” is best for most of the instruction and lessons here (other key harmonicas come later). Double-rowed harmonicas (sometimes 8, 10, or 12 sets of double holes) are called Tremolo harmonicas and they are not the proper type of harmonica for our instruction.
What key is best for blues harmonica?
What key harmonica did Bob Dylan use?
What is 3rd position on harmonica?
Third position blues has notes not available in second position. You’ll like them. Third position uses a harmonica one tone below the tune key (a G harmonica for blues in A, a D harmonica for blues in E etc).
What is second position on a harmonica?
Second Position (cross harp)
This is the most commonly used position for playing blues, rock and country. This position consists of mostly draw notes on the low end of the harmonica (holes 1 through 5) and it is important to master bending to play in this position.
What is the difference between a harmonica and a blues harp?
What is the difference between a harp (or blues harp) and a standard diatonic harmonica? Nothing. The term harp is short for “blues harp” and they are both slang for harmonica. … Other slang terms for harmonica include: mouth organ, tin sandwich, French harp, short harp, and Mississippi saxophone.
Which key is higher C or G?
the key of C is a perfect fourth higher than the key of G, or a perfect fifth below it. depends on whether the singer will choose an octave lower or higher in the new key.
What is the difference between a diatonic and chromatic harmonica?
Diatonic – which only contains the notes of a specific scale and are mainly used in Blues, Rock, Country and Pop music. Chromatic – which can play all notes in the chromatic scale and are mainly used in Jazz and Classical music.
What key is the harmonica in heart of gold?
What is the best harmonica to learn on?
The Best Harmonicas for Beginners, According to Harmonicists
- Hohner Special 20 Harmonica Bundle, Major C. $48. …
- Lee Oskar Harmonica, Key of C, Major Diatonic. …
- Hohner Marine Band Harmonica, Key of C. …
- Hohner Golden Melody Harmonica, Key of C. …
- SEYDEL Blues Classic 1847 Harmonica C. …
- Hohner Super Chromonica Deluxe, Key of C.
What are the positions on a harmonica?
Now let’s look a positions.
- 1st position (Straight Harp) …
- 2nd position (Cross Harp) …
- 3rd position (Slant Harp) …
- 1st position starts on the 1 blow, 4 blow and is the same key as the harmonica.
- 2nd position starts on 2 draw, 6 blow and is a fifth up from the key of the harmonica.